Baggage services and lost items
Was your baggage late, damaged or lost? We apologize for the inconvenience and will do everything possible to resolve your baggage problem.
Declare missing baggage online within 48 hours of your arrival. As a result, save time at the airport and process your declaration worry-free.
The following airports enable you to declare missing baggage online:
- All airports within metropolitan France
- Almaty, Athens, Barcelona, Erevan, Frankfurt, Gothenburg, Helsinki, Kristiansand, Lisbon, Linköping, Madrid, Mexico, Milan-Malpensa,
New York-John F. Kennedy, Oslo, Sandefjord-Torp, Stavanger, Stockholm and Trondheim
We will issue a document (entitled "Property Irregularity Report - PIR") that you must fill out before leaving the airport. You will then receive a file number. Please keep it to track your request.
* Or its representative
- If we do not locate your baggage within 2 or 3 days following your arrival, please fill out the inventory form that was provided to you when your baggage file was created at the airport. Once completed, please return it by mail to Air France Baggage Service .
- You can also fill out the PDF version of the inventory form , which is available online.
- If your baggage has not been located after 21 days, customer service in your country of residence will contact you directly.
- You can also contact customer service in your country or residence at any time.
You can also contact customer service in your country of residence.
Please note: when checking in baggage, you can make a special declaration if the value of your property exceeds the maximum compensation provided (€1,130*). Depending on the difference, you will be compensated at its true value in case of loss.
* Compensation is counted in Special Drawing Rights (SDR). The SDR is the currency used by the International Monetary Fund. 1,000 SDR converts to approximately €1,130 (this conversion rate varies according to fluctuations in currency).