Cookie management on airfrance.com
Cookies are data fragments that are sent from a website and stored on your device (computer, phone, tablet) while browsing online. Their purpose is to save information about your visit to the website. Cookies can only be viewed or edited by the sender.
These cookies do not collect any personal information. Data collected by these cookies cannot be used for marketing purposes.
This type of cookie collects information about how you use the airfrance.com website, notably time spent on each page and the number of visits per page, error messages shown, and clicks in certain areas of the website.
Data collected by these cookies cannot be used for marketing purposes.
Data collected by these cookies notably includes your country of residence, your language, the last trip you booked and the reservations associated with your Flying Blue account.
Disabling these cookies will:
- Prevent certain pages of the airfrance.com website from displaying correctly (i.e. your Flying Blue account),
- Limit the level of online help Air France can offer,
- Block us from storing preferences needed to display or disable certain features.
Measurement cookies enable us to track the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. With these cookies, we count and analyze the number of sales and clicks associated with our marketing investments. We share this information with our partners (notably Edatis, Google, Havas, Keyade, Makazi, Tedemis and 1000mercis).
b. Targeting cookies
Targeting cookies enable us to determine the following:
- The content of web pages you view
- Your flight searches
- Information you chose to share when registering with other websites
- Pages and websites you visited recently or just before accessing the airfrance.com website.
These cookies enable us to offer personalized advertisements that take into account your preferences. We can also send you customized e-mails corresponding to your flight searches. In the event that the computer or mobile phone is shared by several people, the person receiving the e-mails or viewing the promotional content may not be the person who conducted the search.
c. E-mail marketing cookies
In connection with our e-mail marketing campaigns, we offer a targeted marketing program in partnership with Le Club Des Sites Marchands.
When you subscribe to the e-newsletter of a club member website (other than Air France) and if you choose to receive partner offers, a cookie will be stored on your computer or phone. If you then perform a search on the Air France website, you can receive an e-mail summarizing the destinations and prices you viewed, using the same e-mail address entered for the e-newsletter. This e-mail will be sent by Air France, via Le Club Des Sites Marchands.
If you share a computer or phone with other people, it is possible that the person subscribing to the e-newsletter and the person performing the search on the Air France website are not the same.
- We never attach any information to your cookies that can be used to identify you personally. Cookies can never be used to retrieve your address, date of birth, phone number or any other information that may be used to identify you.
- We do not provide any personal information to advertisers or third parties that display our advertisements tailored to your interests.
If your computer or phone is used by several people, or if it contains several web browsers, content corresponding to your preferences may be displayed to other users.
If desired, you can change your browser settings by following the steps listed in the “Cookie management and browser settings” section below.
To assist you in this process, we have provided links to the “Help” section of some of the most popular web browsers:
- Internet Explorer™ : http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-FR/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies,
- Safari™ : http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042,
- Chrome™ : http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=fr&hlrm=en&answer=95647,
- Firefox™ : http://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/Activer%20et%20d%C3%A9sactiver%20les%20cookies,
- Opera™ : http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/fr/cookies.html.
For more information about how cookies or targeted marketing work, you can view the following websites: www.youronlinechoices.eu and www.allaboutcookies.org.