General Conditions of Sale
The “A la Carte” Menu is a paid option, offering a selection of meals to passengers in the Premium Economy and Economy cabins on all long-haul flights provided by Air France and departing from Paris-Charles de Gaulle and Paris-Orly airports, except flights to Amman, Bangalore, Damascus, Delhi, Montreal, Mumbai and Toronto.
The Tradition, Ocean and Italia meals from the “A la Carte” Menu are also offered on flights departing from
Cayenne, Fort-de-France, PointeàPitre and Saint-Denis (Reunion).
1.2 The meal from the “A la Carte” Menu served during your flight may differ in quantity, taste and appearance from the picture or written description available on www.airfrance.com. The listed ingredients may also be replaced by equivalent ingredients without prior notice. The pictures provided are for illustrative purposes only and imply no responsibility on the part of Air France.
1.3 Once you request a meal from the “A la Carte” Menu, it is not possible to cancel the order. To transfer your order to another flight, please contact your point of sale, no later than 48 hours prior to your departure.
1.4 Air France does not provide a detailed list of ingredients for meals from the “A la Carte” Menu. If you have a dietary intolerance or allergy, we recommend that you do not order a meal from the “A la Carte” Menu. You are responsible for any consequences related to intolerance or allergy to any dietary ingredient.
1.5 The General Conditions of Transport available on our website are included in the present conditions. We recommend you take these into consideration.
2.2 When ordering a meal from the “A la Carte” Menu, you agree to provide Air France with correct information and to omit no information if you do not meet the conditions outlined in the present General Conditions of Sale. In addition, you declare that you are submitting an order for yourself or another person who has authorized you to submit his/her order. This person is subsequently assumed to have read and agreed to the present General Conditions of Sale.
2.3 It is not possible to order a meal from the “A la Carte” Menu for a flight if you have already checked in for the flight.
2.4 Passengers under twelve (12) years of age cannot order or receive meals from the “A la Carte” Menu.
2.5 The “A la Carte” Menu service is subject to availability. Certain flights may only have a limited number of meals from the “A la Carte” Menu available.
2.6 Meals from the “A la Carte” Menu cannot be ordered on board without prior reservation. Specific deadlines apply for ordering meals from the “A la Carte” Menu. These deadlines may vary depending on the selected meal from the “A la Carte” Menu. To view these deadlines, we recommend that you read the dedicated section of www.airfrance.com at least several days prior to your departure.
Fees are indicated when ordering a meal from the “A la Carte” Menu. Prices are listed with all taxes included.
Customers holding a Flying Blue card can use their Miles to make the payment.
- If you order a meal from the “A la Carte” Menu directly upon booking your air travel ticket on www.airfrance.com, the price of the selected meal from the “A la Carte” Menu will be automatically added to the total amount to be paid for your air travel ticket.
- If you order a meal from the “A la Carte” Menu from the "Review / modify your reservations" area of www.airfrance.com after purchasing your air travel ticket, you will be asked to pay the amount corresponding to the fee of the selected meal from the “A la Carte” Menu by credit or debit card upon completion of your order.
- If you are a Flying Blue member, you can use your Miles to make the purchase.
- If you order a meal from the “A la Carte” Menu during the online booking process, you will be asked to pay the full price of the meal from the “A la Carte” Menu by debit or credit card upon completion of your order.
Payments on www.airfrance.com can be made by credit or debit card or, if necessary, any other payment method accepted by Air France (bank transfer, etc.). Air France provides an online payment system secured by the latest available technology, notably SSL data exchange protocol. For more information, you can view our Data Confidentiality and Security Policy.
5.2 Air France will take every possible measure to provide you with the meal ordered from the “A la Carte” Menu in compliance with the present General Conditions of Sale. However, for operational reasons related to security requirements, safety, and/or operation irregularities, it may not be possible to serve the meal from the “A la Carte” Menu.
In this case, a standard daily menu will be served as a substitute for the À la Carte menu ordered.
In addition, you will have the choice between:
- a Customer Service Voucher (CSV) given to you by the flight crew for your choice among the following: (i) €/$50 for a future air travel purchase, (ii) €/$30 to purchase onboard merchandise, or (iii) 5,000 Miles; or;
- a refund of the price of the meal(s) ordered from the “A la Carte” Menu. To receive a refund, simply complete an online refund request form as outlined in article 7 below.
5.3 If you purchase an upgrade to the Business or La Première / First cabins, you can request a refund of the price of your meal from the “A la Carte” Menu by submitting a claim form available in the “Contact us” section of www.airfrance.com. However, “technical” upgrades to the aforementioned cabins, performed by Air France for operational or other reasons, do not allow for any refund of the amount paid for your meal from the “A la Carte” Menu.
5.4 No refund will be given if you do not respect the above criteria.
6.2 Your e-mail address may be used by Air France to send you a receipt or reservation confirmation, keep you updated on your order status, and to request your opinion of the “A la Carte” Menu service.