The Air France IT System is registered with the CNIL (French National Commission for Information Technology Rights) under receipt number 661 129 version 1. In accordance with the law dated January 6, 1978 and amended concerning changes in information technology, data protection and rights (articles 39 and 40) you have the right to consult, amend and withdraw any stored personal information.
To exercise this right, simply use the Contact us link on the website home page to send an e-mail.
You can download the text of the law N°78-17 dated January 6, 1978 and amended concerning changes in information technology, data protection and rights from the following website: http://www.legifrance.gouv.fr
Personal data collected on this website
Air France collects several types of information through its online services and is committed to protecting the data that you provide. Within this framework, we commit ourselves to respect the confidentiality of all data supplied. You maintain full control of all information regarding yourself. By deleting your profile, you will no longer be able to access the online information services that can be accessed by providing a user ID and password.
The choices you make and the information that you supply allow us to get to know you better and better meet your needs.
We may request the following information via our website:
- your personal data (title, last name, first name, date of birth, postal address, phone number),
- your delivery address, where applicable,
- your e-mail address (personal or professional) which is used to send booking confirmations, for all correspondence and service subscriptions, to retrieve forgotten user IDs or passwords, etc.,
- your passport number and nationality,
- your favorite Air France web pages,
- your preferences regarding online ticketing (please note, we do not store any information regarding payment methods: card type, number, expiration date, holder name, etc.),
- your travel preferences (favorite destinations, most frequent departure airport).
More generally, we also save:
- a history of your purchases, the pages that you visit and the type of browser that you use,
- for e-mail correspondence: the content of your e-mails, your address and our replies.
The information stored may be used for promotional, sales or information purposes by Air France and its subsidiaries in different formats.
We may use this information for studies aimed at improving the quality of our services.
In exceptional circumstances, Air France may be legally obliged to communicate confidential information when it is needed to identify, question or bring to justice any individual likely to cause harm–whether intentional, or not–to:
- Air France rights or property,
- other users of the Air France website,
- any other person who may be affected by said activities.
Personal data may therefore be communicated in exceptional circumstances where Air France is legally obligated to do so, in case of a complaint, for example.
In order to ensure air traffic security and national safety, some countries require that airlines communicate part of or all information held regarding their passengers.
Data transmission applies regardless of the place of purchase and booking channel. Airlines who do not comply with these requirements may face severe reprimand from the concerned countries.
Air France works within the limit of French and European law to secure and protect client data.
A certain amount of information is required to enable a reservation and establish a contract of carriage. The law entitles the customer to exercise his or her right to oppose this transfer of data.
Doing so may lead to the reservation being cancelled or some services not being available (dietary requirements, for example).
Air France informs you that some personal information supplied by the customer when booking is communicated to the relevant authorities in the country of destination.
AIR FRANCE strives to secure and protect customer data within the limits of French and European law, and reminds its customers that a certain amount of information is necessary to confirm bookings and establish a contract of carriage and that exercising the rights provided by article 26 of the law n°78-17dated January 6, 1978 regarding information technology, data protection and rights may lead to cancellation of their booking or certain required services.