1. Membership of the Petroleum Club is reserved for private individuals aged 18 or over who are members of the Flying Blue program and employees of an oil, oil-related or gas company listed by AF and KLM - on condition that they make at least one return journey by air per year on the oil routes of Air France and/or KLM.
2. All applicants for Petroleum Club membership automatically become members of the Flying Blue program and are deemed to have read and accepted the General Terms and Conditions herein as well as the General Terms and Conditions of the Flying Blue program which are available on the www.airfrance.com and www.klm.com websites or from the Customer Service Centre.
3. The oil routes of Air France and KLM list is available on the www.airfrance.com and www.klm.com websites or from the Customer Service Centre.
4. Membership of the Petroleum Club can be obtained by returning to Air France and KLM a correctly completed and signed membership application.
5. Air France and KLM reserve the right to refuse membership of the Petroleum Club to any person not meeting the criteria laid down for admission to the Petroleum Club.
6. The Petroleum Club Card is personal to the holder. Only the holder can obtain the benefits reserved for members of the Petroleum Club.
7. The Petroleum Club Card does not entitle its holder to claim entitlement conferred by other Air France and/or KLM Cards. The Petroleum Club Card alone does not confer entitlement to the hotel, restaurant or bar services offered by the Club.
8. The Card is valid until 31 March of the year following admission to membership, subject to a minimum period of validity of 12 months. The Petroleum Club Card is automatically renewed if its holder has made at least one round trip on one of the long-distance oil routes or two round trips on medium or short-distance oil routes of Air France and/or KLM – during the calendar year preceding the date indicated on the Card for expiry of its validity. Air France and KLM reserve the right to refuse to renew the membership and Card where the member no longer meets the conditions for acceptance.
9. Air France and KLM reserve the right at all times to make changes to the General Terms and Conditions of the Petroleum Club.
10. KLM and Air France are responsible for the processing of personal data of members of the Petroleum Club according to the applicable Dutch and French Personal data protection acts such as the Wet Bescherming Persoonsgegevens (of 1 September 2001) and the modified French Law of 6 January 1978 relative to information systems, computer files and freedoms which are based on the EU Directive 95/46/EC.
11. Personal data of members will be used and exchanged by Air France, KLM and their partners for the smooth implementation of the Petroleum Club. Furthermore, in order to enable Air France, KLM or their partners to offer you products and services, and for direct marketing and communications purposes, any information concerning you could be shared in total respect of confidentiality, among Air France, KLM and their partners for their exclusive use,
12. Petroleum Club members can at all times demand to no longer be contacted for direct marketing purposes and have the right to access, modify, rectify and delete any personal data. For all requests please contact in writing your Customer Service.