ELVIA refunds the contractually owed cancellation fees from the insured travel arrangement in the event of failure to commence the journey, and additional costs for the journey in the event of delayed departure for the insured reasons (§ 2 AVB RR), alternatively the necessary costs for care and treatment following an unexpected severe illness or accidental injury of a person at risk, up to the amount of the cancellation costs.
- Unexpected severe illness, death, severe accidental injury;
- Vaccination intolerance, pregnancy;
- considerable material damage to the property of the insured person due to fire, explosions, storms, lightning bolts, floods, earthquakes or intentional offence committed by a third party;
- loss of employment of the insured person or of persons at risk travelling with the insured person due to unexpected compulsory redundancy;
- unexpected reinstatement following unemployment at the time of the booking of the insured person or of a person at risk travelling with the insured person.
Excess: 20% of the reimbursable loss (at least € 25 per person).
- Type of trip: only valid for airline travel
- Scope: worldwide
- Price of trip: up to €6,500 per person
- Single premium: valid for only one person and one trip