Families & children
Are you traveling as a family? Air France takes great care to ensure you are comfortable on board: special meals for infants and children, games, gifts, etc. Our cabin crew makes sure your flight will
be a truly pleasant experience!
For the comfort of both you and your infant, we can provide you with a bassinet (upon request and subject to availability). You can then take advantage of a child fare for your infant.
Please note: you must book a seat for your infant if you are traveling in the La Première cabin.
To benefit from our services and make your flight more enjoyable, please remember when booking your trip to let us know that you will be traveling with an infant.
- On all flights, an infant must be accompanied by a passenger over the age of 18*.
- Each passenger may accompany only one infant. To travel with 2 infants, a 2nd passenger, over the age of 18*, is necessary.
* Exception: a passenger under 18 years of age can accompany an infant if he or she is the child´s father, mother, or legal guardian.
- Prior to departure, remember to make sure that you haveall the documents for infants that are required by the police, customs agents, and immigration officers of your destination country.
- Travel is not recommended for infants in the 7 days following birth.
- Avoid travel if your infant is ill.
- If your infant is receiving medical treatment or suffers from travel sickness, remember to bring his or her medical record and medications.
- Remember to bring the items necessary for changing your infant (diapers, wipes, etc.).
- Opt for comfortable and warm clothing (sweaters and socks).
- During take-off and landing, give your infant a pacifier, bottle, lollipop or a cookie in order to reduce possible earaches.
- Bring enough bottles and food for the trip. Make sure that your infant drinks amply during the flight.
- a hand baggage item weighing less than 12 kg / 26 lb and whose dimensions do not exceed 55 cm x 35 cm x 25 cm / 21 in x 13 in x 9 in,
- an additional baggage item weighing up to 10 kg / 22 lb.
Please note: if you have selected the Mini price ticket, you must pay a supplementary fee to transport baggage in the hold.
If you have reserved a seat for your infant (child fare), the infant has the baggage allowance that corresponds to his or her cabin.
In both cases, you can also transport a foldable stroller and a car seat in the hold at no extra charge.
Some strollers may be accepted in the cabin, subject to space availability. Conditions apply, based on the type of stroller.
- Small foldable stroller*: dimensions cannot exceed 15 cm x 30 cm x 100 cm / 5.9 in x 11.8 in x 39.4 in.
- Other foldable stroller: it replaces the hand baggage allowance for infants, and its dimensions cannot exceed 55 cm x 35 cm x 25 cm / 21 in x 13 in x 9 in. In addition, it must be packed in a carrying case that covers it fully.
Please note: for security reasons, some airports may have to deny access to strollers inside the boarding areas.
* On long-haul flights, except between metropolitan France and Pointe-à-Pitre, Fort-de-France, Saint Martin, Cayenne, Réunion, Seychelles, Mauritius, Punta Cana, Havana, Santo Domingo.
Remember to request the special meal when booking your trip or purchasing your ticket, or at least 24 hours before your departure time.
Bassinets are designed for infants weighing less than 10 kg / 22 lbs and measuring less than 70 cm / 27 in.
The number of bassinets is limited. To check availability and submit your request, please contact us by phone as soon as possible after booking your flight, and at least 48 hours before your departure.
Please note: you cannot submit a request online.
If a bassinet is not available, your infant must travel on your lap.
If you have reserved a seat for your infant, a regulation-sized car seat may be accepted in the cabin.