- Identity card
- Visa, etc.
Please note: some countries require a passport that is valid several months beyond the expected return date. In addition, a return ticket or proof that you will exit the country may also be requested.
In addition, please note that certain countries require airline companies to provide some or all information they have concerning passengers.
For complete information, please see the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development website.
Minors must have a passport in their name. Children cannot travel using a parent’s passport. Please note: the French “Livret de Famille” is not a valid form of ID. It does not enable a minor to travel, even on flights within metropolitan France.
* The requirement for minors to have a personal ID is applicable to all EU citizens, with the exception of the United Kingdom, Ireland and Denmark.
Different travel documents are required depending on how the child is traveling: (e.g. with one or 2 parents, alone, etc.). A certified copy of the child's full birth certificate is required for all trips, regardless of how the child is traveling.
Please note: All travel documents must be in English or accompanied by a certified translation, unless the child is a resident of a country benefiting from a visa waiver program with South Africa for stays of less than 3 months, such as France, certain European countries and the United States.
United States, Canada, Europe (Schengen area*), India, French Polynesia
1/ Provide all information requested by authorities.
American authorities require that all individuals traveling to or from the United States, or connecting to a different flight within the U.S., provide their:
- last name*,
- first name,
- birth date,
- passport number, country of issue, and expiration date,
- green card information if applicable,
- country of residence,
- destination address.
You can provide this information when checking in, by completing the fields available for this purpose, or after check-in via the "Manage your reservations" section. You can also contact an Air France ticket office.
* For all ticket purchases for flights to the United States, the name on the ticket must be identical to that on the passport and all other documents required for the trip.
You are required to obtain electronic travel authorization for all travel to, from, or through the United States. This measure applies to residents of the 35 countries* participating in the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). Residents of all other countries must obtain a visa.
- This authorization can be obtained online, through the ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization) system.
- It is recommended to submit your request at least 72 hours before your flight’s departure.
- ESTA authorization is valid for 2 years, as long as your passport remains valid during this period.
- This authorization now replaces the information sheet to be completed in the aircraft before landing in the United States.
US authorities deny access onboard the aircraft to all passengers who have not completed this required procedure and those who have provided incorrect information. For this reason, please make sure that the information requested in the form is correct, especially your passport number and the country of issue. If you make a mistake, you must submit a new authorization request.
Please check the official ESTA website to see if you meet the conditions to receive ESTA authorization: passport type, reason for stay, etc.
* Residents of 35 countries can travel to the United States without a visa for a period of up to 90 days: Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom.
- Authorization can be obtained online
- It is recommended to submit your request at least 72 hours before your flight’s departure
- eTA travel authorization is valid for 5 years, as long as your passport remains valid during this period
The Canadian authorities will refuse access to any passenger who has not completed this mandatory procedure or who has provided incorrect information. For this reason, make sure the information you enter on the form is correct, particularly your passport number and issuing country. You must submit a new request if you make a mistake.
Please check the official eTA website to see if you qualify for eTA authorization, including passport type, reason for travel, etc.
Europe (Schengen area*)
* The Schengen area includes 26 countries: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Norway, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
If you are required to obtain this authorization, please submit your request between 3 to 4 days before your departure date. Your passport must have at least 2 blank pages.
Please refer to the Indian government's official website to review the complete ETA requirements, including nationality, passport type, reason for travel, etc.
This measure pertains to residents of countries in the Visa Waiver Program. This authorization can be obtained online, through the ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization) system.
We recommend that you submit your request at least 72 hours before your flight´s departure.
Please note: US authorities deny access aboard the aircraft to all passengers who have not completed this required formality, as well as to those who have provided incorrect information.
To learn more, please consult this page in the “Some special formalities” section, and select “United States”.
* Severe political crisis or natural disaster, among others.
* For passengers with a biometric French passport
** Residents of the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland